Monday, September 22, 2008

Small Miracles

Thank God for small miracles. Dad is doing MUCH better, but is still in the hospital. He still has a leak in his lung, so they can't remove the chest tubes quite yet. However, he's on much less pain medication and much more lucid. The best news yet - the pathology reports showed NO CANCER in the lymph nodes that the doctor removed! He had been concerned, but told us that we should be "celebrating" because it's such good news - he removed it all! Yea! The doctor thinks Dad will be home in a few days. It won't be a moment too soon for he....OR for mom.....OR for us!

On another note, I have an appointment Thursday with an endocrinologist to check out this thyroid business. I'll update when I know something. Wish me luck!

By the way, please feel free to forward the link to this blog to anyone who would be appropriate. I sent it to some people, but don't have email addresses for others. Thanks!

No comments: