Saturday, September 26, 2009

14 Weeks Old

Emma has grown so much this week! As happy as I am that she's developing so much and so quickly, my little girl is growing up much too fast for her mommy's taste. This week has been a busy one. As I had mentioned before, my paraprofessional's funeral was this week. Emma did beautifully. She socialized with my co-workers for awhile and then fell fast asleep on me and slept the entire time. At the end, the woman in front of me turned around to tell me what a wonderful baby Emma was - I was so proud! It was a beautiful funeral.

We went to 2 consignment sales within one week. I didn't buy too much, just a few things I had to have. Emma snored in her sling through both.

I'm very proud to say that we've been cloth diapering consistently now for a few weeks. I had done it off and on before now, but now we're really in the swing of things. She still wears 1-2 disposable diapers at night, but that's just for my convenience ;) She has the biggest, cutest diaper butt you've ever seen. I need to take a picture of it. Unfortunately, it barely fits into pants, so we're wearing a lot of dresses and onesies! I'm really proud of our accomplishment because I was really determined to cloth diaper, but had no clue as to how well it would work or fit in with our lifestyle. I'm finding lots of little tricks. For example, when we go to my parents' house a few times a week, I take plastic grocery bags and use them as wetbags to hold the wet diapers. I've even got Brad diapering her! Can you believe it??? He's getting more and more comfortable with it. I'm shocked!

I also re-worked Emma's stroller this week so that she can use it without her carrier like a big girl. We have a travel system (carseat is also a carrier and also fits on the big stroller). She's just recently gotten enough head and upper body control to sit up in her stroller like a big girl. I had to take her snugglie (cushion that keeps her positioned) out of the carseat because she's too big for it with her cloth diaper butt (we also had to move the straps up a notch!). I put the snugglie in her stroller instead and she loves it. She tends to get a little bored in the carrier on top of the stroller because she can't see around her so this is a perfect solution.

Emma also had another accomplishment this week - she's been taking naps in her big girl crib! She's also going down to sleep in it at night because she's tending to get sleepy earlier (around 9:00) and it's too early for us to go to bed with her. We move her back to her bed in our room when we're ready to sleep - she doesn't even wake up. It's been a little sad for me to have her in her own room and I'm DEFINITELY not ready for her to be there all night, but we're getting there. As far as I'm concerned, while she's still waking up at night to nurse (although it's only once) it's much easier and makes more sense to have her in our room. She is also swaddled still and has been somehow flipping onto her belly overnight. I'm ok with that while she's next to me, but to have her like that in her crib scares me a little because of the SIDS risk. I think I may wait until she's not swaddled anymore and then make the big move. I'll let you know when it happens, but don't look for it anytime soon! Yesterday she was acting a little sleepy so I swaddled her, put her in her crib, and turned on her Dreamscape Soother. She fell asleep on her own! I'm so proud.

I think that's all - it's enough! My and Brad's fourth wedding anniversary is this Thursday. Hard to believe it's only been 4 years. Then again, this year also marks 9 years that we've been together. Wow. It's been quite a ride! This will most certainly be the best anniversary - because we have our little angel.

In her big girl crib! If you look close, you can see that big diaper butt!


Sitting up in her stroller like a big girl!



No comments: