Monday, September 13, 2010

The Candy Bucket

If I know one thing about my Dad, it's that he has a sweet-tooth. He always has. He LOVES candy! A few years ago I started a tradition. I bought him a Rubbermaid container and filled it with chocolate candy for his birthday. 3 Musketeers, Snickers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Almond Joy, you name it - it's in there. Whenever his birthday, Christmas, Halloween, or any holiday that has great candy comes along, I re-stock the "candy bucket."

As soon as my Dad found out that I was pregnant, he started talking about "that baby." He couldn't WAIT until "that baby" was big enough for him to feed her candy. He said she'd go home from their house with her little fingers stuck together because of all of the goo-goo's and gaga's that he was going to give her. Well, the time has come.

Someone ELSE has discovered the candy bucket as well. Apparently, one night when Mom and Dad were watching Emma while Brad and I went to a movie, they shared a little secret that they didn't tell Mama. Emma had her first taste of candy! Yesterday, she hunted and hunted until she found it - the holy grail. She tried to pick it up and carry it herself, but it was too heavy, so she had a little help. Her Granddaddy was all too happy to help her bust into it. What ensued, was nothing, if not a photographic gem.


A fun-sized 3 Musketeers bar and a half of a Reese's peanut butter cup later, she still didn't think she was done. Needless to say, the candy bucket made a disappearing act. I really think that the fact that she's in nothing but a diaper and Dad's in his pajamas really adds to the "classiness" of the pictures. Don't you? ;)

No comments: