Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Party

Every year, since I was a kid, I've gone to the Christmas party that my mom's job puts on.  Santa is there, there are lots of crafts to do, and music.  It's just fun!  Emma's first year, we got the BEST pictures of her with Santa.  She was about Abby's age and just mesmerized.  The next year, she was 1.5 and terrified.  I was curious about how this year's experience would be.


A few weeks beforehand, she had talked nonstop about Santa.  She begged to go see him, so we loaded up one afternoon and hit the mall.  I wanted her to see him from a distance and get comfortable with the idea that he wasn't a very scary guy.  It turned out that he was walking around the mall and we got to visit him up close.  Emma was in the stroller and felt pretty safe.  She talked to him all about the Mickey Mouse in a store window, and presents.  He gave her a high five and called her by name (tripped her OUT!).  I was figuring the Santa visit at the Lekotek party would be just as awesome.  Wrong.


She had fun making reindeer food, crafts, singing music, running around.  Then it came time to see the fat man.  She saw him from a distance and wasn't very happy.  I decided it would be best to get some pictures with just Abby first because we stood the best chance of getting cute pictures without her sister, in case she screamed.  I was right.  




Cute Abby pictures, and then I tried to get Emma to sit on my lap next to Santa.  Freak out.  As you can see, it wasn't pretty.  I wonder how next year will go??



No comments: