Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. Brad had the entire week off, which is a first! We spent most of the week relaxing - lots of sleeping in and napping. We also took a day to go to Calhoun and visit my Aunt Pearl and cousin Nancy. It was their first time meeting Abby! Pearl is my Dad's oldest sister. It was a nice visit! After that, we drove just down the road to Brad's Dad's house to celebrate his 60th birthday. It was a great trip and great food!

For Thanksgiving day we spent the day in Thomson with my Aunt Claire and her family. It was wonderful! The girls loved spending the day in the country and seeing lots of cows! It's so important to me to instill in my girls a sense of family during the holidays. I wish more than anything that they could have the same memories of the holidays that I have - spent with extended family. I think that's the most important thing in the world. There's nothing more important than family.

A few days later we went to Brad's mom's house for Thanksgiving dinner with their side of the family. We all had a great time and got to spend some great quality time together. It was a nice week!













No comments: