Tuesday, October 27, 2009

4 Months

It's been a pretty laid-back sort of week around here. I've been trying to recover from my surgery, sans pain medication. Apparently Emma does not like percocet. Or chocolate. The combination of the 2 was enough to keep her up all night for a few nights just after surgery. That was the LAST thing we needed around here, but it's looking like we're on the uphill swing.

Emma has made the transition to the big girl bed! I was really trying to hold off on that until she was out of the swaddle during the night and no longer using her sleep positioner, but it wasn't meant to be. She INSISTS on being swaddled at night and absolutely screams without the sleep positioner. However, she also scoots a ton at night and she was scooting until she touched the end of the co-sleeper which would wake her up. Not good. I finally decided that last night was THE night. She did great. She only woke up twice to eat. I will say, it's a lot tougher to get out of bed and go into her room to feed her, but it was doable. I will also admit that I got up to check on her a TON, but that's all part of the business of being a Mama.

She turned 4 months old on the 22nd. She's getting too big for her britches these days! She's developed quite a bit of an attitude. She wants what she wants, when she wants it. When I stop between sides of nursing her to burp her, all hell breaks loose. She pitches the biggest temper tantrum you've ever seen. Something's gotta give! Don't worry, I'll break her....just as soon as she's old enough to understand what "no" means! It's first on my to-do list. I also hate to say it, but it's pretty cute to see her personality traits come out. I'm afraid that she got that one from me.... :(

We have her 4 month check-up tomorrow. Complete with shots. I may end up with my head in between my knees during that portion of the appointment. I just can't take the sound of the screams. The sound of your child in pain is something I may never get out of my head. It's awful.

As far as I go, my recovery has gone really well. I finally felt back to myself yesterday (day 6). I'm feeling great today. Still having to wear pants with elastic waistbands because of the incisions though. :( Maybe tomorrow.

I'd better run - she's waking up from her nap and talking to herself! We're off to the bank and to Sonic for a cherry-limeade!

No comments: