Monday, March 8, 2010

Yellow Fever Game Ranch

Ok, so maybe it's called the Yellow RIVER Game Ranch, but in our house, it's the Yellow Fever. This weekend our best friends Amber and Jason came up to stay with us. We went to the YFGR on Saturday afternoon. It was SOOO much fun! I've been wanting to take Emma, but was afraid that she wouldn't pay attention to the animals and be "people watching" instead. I was wrong! She had an absolute blast. The weather was gorgeous and surprisingly, no one was there! We pretty much had the place to ourselves. There were SOOO many animals there! We saw foxes, mountain lions, raccoons, a coyote, goats, sheep, pigs (all in enclosures) and a TON of deer, chickens, peacocks, and roosters.


At one point, we were looking at an animal and Jason said, "Uh, Susan?? Bambi." This is what I saw when I turned around!

This is the look that she gave pretty much all of the animals. Not quite sure what she thinks of them!

These geese were very pushy! When I was Emma's age, we had geese as pets. They would suck on my dresses when I was in my stroller. I didn't let these geese get the chance!

She sure does love Amber!

THIS is what happens when you ask Daddy to hold the baby....



She REALLY wanted to pet the deer!


She never was too sure of what to think of Jason, but she eventually warmed up!



I'd be willing to bet money that I rode on this same exact horse when I was a kid!


Today is a gorgeous and warm day, so I broke out my favorite of Emma's summery outfits that she'll probably not be able to fit into when the weather warms up for good. HAD to have a little mini photo session before we pack it away. On the plus side, Mom and I went to an awesome consignment sale this weekend and I got a TON of precious old-fashioned smocked dresses and outfits very similar to this one. I'm a sucker for baby clothes that look vintage!


On another note, we're right in the midst of Emma's first diaper rash. I suppose we're lucky to have avoided it thus far, but we started her on yogurt a few days ago and I'm afraid to say that it burns her little tush. No more yogurt! After trying my "cloth diaper safe" diaper rash creams (desitin and many others stain cloth diapers and make them repel liquids), I broke out the desitin. Last night I even tried a friend's trick of diaper rash cream followed by vaseline. Wouldn't you know it, she pooped overnight, causing the rash to get even worse! So this morning I called the pediatrician's office. The nurse recommended some Cortisone cream, followed by a barrier cream, so we're trying that now. We're in disposables until the rash is gone as well, mostly because you can tell when she's wet/dirty much easier and change her right away, but also because the creams would REALLY stain the CDs. Praying that we get some relief for her little fanny! It's so heartbreaking to hear her cry when you change her - hope it's almost over!!

About to go outside and enjoy this gorgeous weather!

No comments: