Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Grandpa's Birthday

We spent yesterday evening (5/18) at my parents' house to celebrate my Dad's 64th birthday! He's been through an awful lot this past year and it was nothing short of a miracle that we were all there, healthy, and happy to celebrate. Emma wore her best birthday dress and her big bow that Mama reserves for special occasions. (Though SHE was happy to wear it, I took pity on her and took it right off after the photo.)


Emma also got to spend some time with her Grammy swinging outside. You'll notice that not only did she have to have a swing for our house for Easter, she had to have one for their house too. ;) Can we say, spoiled??



Thought these were too precious not to share. I had her sun bonnet custom made from this etsy store. I LOVE it! You can fold the brim back as well and it is adjustable and should fit her until she's several years old. It does a great job of keeping the sun out of her face. I call it her "Little House on the Prairie" hat.


I also remembered that I forgot a few precious things that she does lately when I was writing my last post. Her favorite game in the world is "peekaboo." Actually, we say "where's Emma?......there she is!" She holds whatever fabric that she has in front of her face and then throws it down with a huge smile on her face - probably the cutest thing I've ever seen! She even tried to do it with a sock yesterday. Precious.

She also waves "hi." She doesn't really get "bye bye" but it's really only because we never say it to her. Whenever I leave her anywhere (which is almost never) I try to make it as quick of a slip-out-the-door as I can. She DOES, however, like to wave "hi" to all of the animals, her Daddy, her toys, you name it. It's SO cute!!

Did you notice that in the first picture she looks JUST like Brad?? However, I think my Mama will agree, she looks just like ME in the last one! She's somethin.

Can I just freeze her????


No comments: