Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tucker Day and Mother's Day

We had SUCH a fun weekend! We met a good friend of mine and her little boy, Jack, for the Tucker Day parade. Tucker Day is a fairly small little celebration with a parade and lots of arts and crafts booths, live music, and food. We got there in time for the parade for the first time ever! Emma had a blast. She waited patiently and watched the entire parade without making a peep - and it was LONG. She particularly liked the fire truck and the Tucker High marching band. Jack watched the parade from Brad's shoulders which I think both of them enjoyed :) I also found a really great lady that makes handmade jumpers/dresses and I bought Emma a dress for her first birthday party! Can't believe she's almost one......

Me, Mary, Jack, and Emma


Ready for the festivities!


Waiting......very patiently!


We ended the day with dinner at Brad's parents house for Mother's Day. It was a great little celebration and Emma really enjoyed eating meatloaf, stuffed zucchini, and SWEET TEA! Have I mentioned that we have a little southern girl on our hands? The child will NOT drink juice of any kind - she gags and heaves. She drinks water like it's going out of style and has now added tea to her list of favorite things. She's a sucker for a straw with Chick-Fil-A tea at the other end ;) Wonder where she gets that from??

The following day was Mother's Day. I told Brad that I just wanted a relaxing day at home to enjoy my little family. And that's exactly what we did. Brad let me sleep extra late and then, after Emma woke up from her morning nap, we went to this really cool International Farmers Market just down the street that we've been meaning to go to. We went home and I took a nice long shower and then met my mom for a little shopping. When we got back, Brad and Emma gave me my gift - a beautiful picture frame that says "Our Family" on it. He is also having a ring of mine fixed, which has been on my to-do list forever. We picked up takeout from Provino's for dinner and headed to my parents' house so that my mom could play with her girl while we ate. It was a nice, relaxing first Mother's Day. I look forward to many more to come!


No comments: