Saturday, June 12, 2010

Water Baby

I can officially say that we have a water baby on our hands! My parents opened the pool this past weekend and she got her first taste of swimming. She LOVED it! I WOULD have pictures posted, but they all turned out either fuzzy, or very unflattering. Pregnancy and having a baby does terrible things to a woman's body. Let's just leave it at that.

This week we went over to my good friend Mary's house to have a playdate with her little boy, Jack. They got to swim together in the baby pool and had a good time playing while their Mamas got to talk to other adults! It seems like just yesterday that Mary told me she was pregnant and I went to visit her in the hospital just after she had Jack. He'll be 2 in August and she's pregnant with baby #2!



Today we got up and headed out to Thomson to visit my Aunt Claire and Emma's Great-Granddaddy. She had such a good time! She didn't even begin to fuss in the car (either way), took a short nap on the way there and back, and was all smiles. We took another trip on the golf-cart and she stayed awake this time ;) She laughed the entire time! Their dog, Chip, ran in front of us and was galloping through the pasture and the pond. She thought it was hysterical!

When we got back we were burning up. According to my car, it was 94 degrees. Emma's Aunt Claire had a brilliant idea - she filled up a galvanized bucket with water and we stripped Emma down and let her play with some apples in the bucket. She had the time of her life. Brad, Claire, and I took millions of pictures. Each one was cuter than the next. Eat your heart out! I have tons more that are even cuter, but I don't think that "grown up Emma" would appreciate XXX pictures of herself being shared!











Aunt Claire and Em


So lets discuss the elephant in the room. Emma turns 1 year old in 10 days. There. I said it. My baby is growing up. It breaks my heart to think that her first year is almost over. And what a year it's been! It's been the best year of our entire lives. We have savored every single second. Every sweet coo, precious little smile, belly laugh, sleepy little snore. She's just the most precious thing in the world to both of us. She's had us wrapped around her little finger since before she was even born. I can't believe it's almost been a year.

We're going to have a little Baby Einstein birthday celebration next weekend with all of her little friends. We're keeping it small and un-intimidating because she's got quite a bit of stranger danger these days (just ask my grandpa). :( As much as I can't wait for her party, I could definitely push back the tears that will accompany it for a few more months.....oh well. Such is being a mom.


No comments: