Thursday, April 23, 2009

30 Weeks, Chubby Cheeks!


How precious is our girl????? Brad and I saw those cheeks and flipped out! I've never seen a 2-D ultrasound that showed such chub! I can't wait to be kissing those sweet little cheeks. 10 weeks, and counting!

We had a great doctor's appointment today! I had an ultrasound to check on my cyst (which has grown bigger - 8cm across). Of course, we also got to take a good look at Baby Em and she looks great! She's weighing in at 3lbs 6oz. She's in the 66th percentile for her gestational age. The ultrasound machine predicted her due date (based on several key measurements) as June 30. They still go with the earliest date, which happens to be July 5th for me. Apparently, the earlier the ultrasound, the more accurate. The date that I've been going with is the one that several ultrasounds have shown - July 3rd.

Anyway, the doctor reviewed my lab results from last time. There were only trace amounts of protein in my urine this time, which was much better. I passed my glucose test with flying colors. I talked to him about my cardiology appointments last week and he really wants to talk to the cardio doctor himself, so he's going to be calling him. Not so sure that he liked how non-chalant the cardiologist was. They also haven't received my test results from the cardio, so they'll get that too. He said that if there were any damage being done to the baby because of my crazy heartbeat, they would look for a number of signs. One would be decreased amniotic fluid, another being lack of growth or a discrepancy in the size of her head vs. abdomen. Everything checked out perfectly with our girl, so he's not terribly worried. Her heart rate was 135, which is perfect. He said that he really wants me to take it easy and keep my feet up. He also mentioned the possibility of me having to stop working early if things continue. We only have 23 or so more days until summer, so I'm sure I'll be fine for that long.

Speaking of work - I got my results yesterday from the Holter heart monitor that I wore for 24 hours last week. My heart showed no arrhythmia, just a really fast resting heart rate. It averaged between 140-150. They really want it below 100. It only dropped below 100 once, and only briefly while I slept. I asked how high it got. The highest was 185 and was at 7:00 AM - just as I walked in the door to work! I cracked up.

So for now we're waiting on my OB to hear back from the cardiologist and make sure that they are in agreement to leave things as is. As far as the cyst, the doctor feels certain that it still won't go away on it's own. He says we have the option to choose to do an elective C-Section and remove it then, but neither of us really wants that. After a ton of thinking, I'm really hoping that I can deliver the old-fashioned way and have the laproscopic surgery after. He says that it's an outpatient procedure, usually done about 6 weeks after delivery. 5 days of recovery at home. Of course we'll see how it goes. If she's breech (like I was), or my heart rate is too high for natural delivery, we'll HAVE to go the C-Section route. We're praying and keeping our fingers crossed that things work out for a natural delivery (well, as natural as can be with a REALLY BIG epidural!).




No comments: