Friday, February 6, 2009

19 weeks

It's hard to imagine that next week I will be 5 months pregnant. Only 4 to go! Just thought I'd post a general update, though there isn't much news to share. I've been feeling good, just a lot of pain in my hips and pelvis when I walk (mostly at work). The nausea is completely gone, though I am still down almost 5 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. I've reached the "feel good" part of my pregnancy finally - and am loving every minute of it! I am feeling Emma kick regularly now and it still amazes me that I've been able to carry her to this point. Some part of me really felt like it might never happen. It's SUCH a miracle and the best gift that I've ever been given. I am truly cherishing every moment of this pregnancy. Brad's anxiously awaiting the time that he can feel her kick from the outside, which is probably just around the corner, given the kung-fu that she's been doing lately! He's excited too and swears that he'll start to clear out the guest bedroom that will become her nursery soon. I'm holding him to it! According to my weekly pregnancy e-mails, Emma is now around 8 1/2 ounces and 6 inches long, not including her legs and arms. She's growing fast! I have a glucose test and an OB appointment this coming week and then my BIG ultrasound (where they do a ton of anatomical measurements) on President's Day. We can't wait! Emma's kicking as I type - she says "hi!"


No comments: