Thursday, February 26, 2009

This week has truly lasted FOREVER! In an attempt to make it seem like it's almost over, I'm posting my 22-week update a day early. Well, it's actually NOT early because, per my last ultrasound, I'm 22 weeks today. Technically, the doctor is still working with my previous due date of 7/3, so I am as well.

On to the update. This has been a pretty miserable work week for me. I've had a parent that's having a hard time dealing with her child's diagnosis and is ta
king it out on me. I'm trying not to take it personally, but it's hard. The emotional stress of the entire situation has taken quite a bit out of me. I've been coming home and crashing every night this week before Brad gets home. The exhaustion is also due in part to the fact that I'm coming down with a cold. I've been fairly healthy through this pregnancy compared to my usual. I typically would have had 2-3 colds or sinus infections by now. I suppose that with all of the green noses and stomach viruses that are going around my classroom right now, and the fact that it doesn't seem that a single ONE of them knows how to cover their mouth when they cough, I shouldn't be surprised. It's just rough because my body is dealing with so much right now carrying Emma that a cold is making me really feel cruddy. I'm hoping that it's short lived.

As a bit of a "Brad" update, he's feeling back to his old
self. His stomach bug was a 24 hour one and his muscle aches and pains from the weekend of painting by himself are gone. We had plans to go visit Josh and Carolyn and their precious little angel Kaitlyn this weekend, but with a cold coming on I'm not willing to risk getting her sick. On the upside, we're planning to put together some nursery furniture this weekend. It will be nice to finally put a plan into action so that we have a sweet nursery to look at rather than an empty room - although it is a VERY pretty room now that it's freshly painted! Instead of just a 22 week picture, I was looking back at the other "belly pictures" that I have. I am posting a comparison. It took me by surprise! Here's a look back at 14 weeks and now at 22 (taken in Emma Claire's room). Wow!























No comments: