Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas, and other things.

I have been a very bad blogger lately. In actuality, a lot has been going on and we've been so busy that I haven't wanted to spend the little free time I have blogging. I'm officially ending my Christmas "blogging break" so I'll post more often! I'll try to make up for it with LOTS of pictures in this post.

A ton has gone on since I last posted. We had a great Christmas. On Christmas eve we went to the Children's mass at Holy Cross. Emma was an angel. She fussed for a second and then I was able to stand up and sway with her to the music until she fell asleep. She didn't wake up again until we were on the way to the car! It was great. Here are some pictures we took after mass at my parents house.

Mama and Emma
My FAVORITE picture - really shows my girl's personality!


After mass Emma continued a tradition in my family. Every Christmas eve I would get to open one present. Emma opened her new Learn and Groove music table from Leapfrog. I think her Grammy and Grandpa bought every single toy that Leapfrog made this year! We have one spoiled little girl!


On Christmas morning we woke up and Santa had visited our house! Emma LOVED helping us unwrap our presents to each other - Santa's gifts come unwrapped at our house.


After we played with our new toys we went to my parents' house for presents and lunch. Emma had a blast playing with her new toys! I think her Grammy and Grandpa enjoyed it even more than she did!


After lunch, we went home for a BIG nap. After naptime, we headed to Brad's parents house for dinner. Emma was pretty exhausted and wasn't on her best "visiting" behavior. She DID save a few smiles for her Aunt Fylicia though!


Don't you love her tights?? They have built in "mary jane shoes!" It was a great Christmas. We left the following morning for a trip to Gatlinburg, TN that wasn't meant to be. We rented the cabin online, judging the place by the gorgeous pictures we had seen. Unfortunately, the cabin had not been cleaned since the previous renters and there was trash everywhere. On top of that, our bedroom was actually a loft - with no door. Emma NEVER would have been able to even take a nap while she could hear everything going on in the house. Unfortunately, everything else was booked because of the season. We eventually decided to make the long trek home. 13 hours in the car total. I never want to think about it again. So I won't.

We've been staying pretty low-key lately, sleeping in and napping lots. We've done some visiting with family and friends, and I even got to go out shopping and meet a girlfriend for lunch BY MYSELF!! Since Emma has started to eat solids, I know that Brad can feed her if she gets hungry. It's so nice! Unfortunately, she decided on this particular day that she wouldn't eat for anyone but Mama. She was crying when I got back, but it was a trip I desperately needed.

Speaking of eating, Emma's loving some of her homemade baby food. Her favorites are pears, sweet potatoes, carrots, and prunes. She tolerates green beans, peas, applesauce, and bananas. She's quite the little eater these days!

Here are some pictures from a Santa visit I think I mentioned in a previous post. We went with Brad's family to Bass Pro Shop to see Santa. Emma and her cousin, Luke, sat on Santa's lap.


Emma's just fascinated by the big guy. Here's a precious picture of us waiting before seeing Santa. Bass Pro has a HUGE fish tank with all sorts of native fish in it. They swim right up to you and it seems like you could almost touch them. Emma's wearing the precious hat that her Aunt Gerri made her! It's SOOOO cute!!


Tonight we had a fun night. We went to a friend's house for a play date. Rachel and I went to St. Pius together (one year apart) but never knew each other. I saw her at Special Olympics a few years ago with my students and knew that I had seen her at Pius before, but didn't know her. Come to find out, she is also a special education teacher that teaches severe and profoundly intellectually disabled students too! Even weirder, she and I were pregnant at the same time - Emma was due July 5th, and Juliette was due July 4th. She came on her due date, and Emma was 2 weeks early. What's really funny is that Juli weighed around 7 lbs, and Emma was 9 at birth. We weighed them tonight - they're both 17 lbs!! Emma had a 1/2 pound on her, though I think it was likely the diaper.

They loved playing with each other tonight! They were precious. I hope they grow up to be good friends. I think we both plan on sending them to St. Pius, though elementary school is still undecided for us. It's so fun that they're only 2 weeks apart! Brad and Rachel's hubby, Juan, also got along really well - they're both lovers of video games. It was a great night!


Promise I'll update again soon!!


No comments: