Monday, August 15, 2011

Nekky Booty

Houston, we have a problem. Emma has figured out how to take her diapers off. All of them. Not just the ones with velcro, but the snap diapers too. I thought I was safe with those. Nope. Behold. In all of her royal nakedness, Princess Nekky Booty. That's what she says when she's "nekkid."

When I was in the hospital having Abby, my sister-in-law was watching Emma for us. Em was in disposables for those few days and apparently figured out how to take those off REAL fast. Since then, it's only happened a couple of times, and only with velcro diapers. Only once has there been a mess, and it was luckily only pee.

Today I put her in her "nap diaper." It's a pocket diaper with snaps (3 on each side!) holding it closed. Foolproof, right? It takes her awhile to fall asleep sometimes, so I glanced at the video monitor every now and then. She was happily playing with her stuffed animals and blankets each time I checked. Then, silence. She fell asleep. A couple of hours later I went in to wake her up and was dumbfounded by the sight which I beheld. Nekky booty. With her face in her diaper. Her.wet.diaper. She's a nut job. So what's a mom to do? I grabbed my phone, snapped the picture, and proceeded to send it to both Brad and my mom. And now, it's on the internet. You had better believe that I'm going to show her this when she gets older. The things she puts her mama through.....

So now I guess I get to pull out the onesies and put one on her for every nap. If that doesn't work......I don't know. Ducktape??

No comments: