Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Kicking Along...

It's hard to believe that I'll be 16 weeks pregnant on Friday. In some ways it feels like it's been so much longer than that, and in other ways it still feels so new. This has been a solid 2 year road that has taken so many twists and turns - I feel like I've been on that same road forever. It's nice to see a light at the end of this very long tunnel. My morning sickness is mostly over with for the time being. I've heard it may come back during my third trimester (I'm in my second now). I still find myself getting sick if I eat too late and lay down, or eat anywhere NEAR a full meal. It sure is nice to be able to brush my teeth again without running for the nearest toilet! That was probably TMI. My last doctor's appointment showed that I've lost around 3lbs. In the last weeks since my appointment, my scale is showing at least another 2lbs lost. The doctor wasn't really happy with that last time, and I'm hoping I don't get the 3rd degree at this appointment. It's just REALLY hard to gain wait when, for the past 12 weeks or so, simply the thought of food has caused me to be sick.

I'm feeling very well for the most part - exhausted, but happy. I was telling Brad the other night that this has GOT to be the happiest time in my life. I've always felt like there was somewhere that the grass was greener. When we were dating, I wanted to be engaged. When we were in separate dorms, I was waiting to be able to move in together. When we were engaged, I wanted to be married. When we were living in Carrollton, I wanted to be HOME. Now I find myself happily married, owning a great house, fairly financially secure (at least until I quit work to be a stay-at-home-mom!), and pregnant. It's the most exciting thing we've ever experienced.

This week I really felt like it started to get "fun." We were at church on Sunday night at the youth mass. The music is really loud and booming and I felt the baby kick 3 times! It was the most awesome sensation! I jumped every time it happened, not expecting it, or even knowing WHAT to expect. Now Brad's waiting for the day that he can feel it from the outside - sometime around 20-22 weeks usually.

We've started the bare bones of a registry at Babies R Us - just the gender neutral things that we knew we wanted. I can't believe how expensive baby items are. It blows me away. We plan to add some boy or girl things to the list online once we find out the sex. We have already purchased a changing table/dresser that I found on Craigslist. It's waiting for Brad to cut the feet off of it so that it's a little shorter, as I'm so vertically challenged. It matches a cherry armoire that belongs to our bedroom set that we plan to move into the baby's room. We're waiting on the rest of the nursery stuff until we find out the sex of the baby and can personalize it a little more.

SPEAKING of finding out....we may be able to know as early as next Friday. I have an ultrasound scheduled to re-check the ever-growing cyst on my ovary. The ultrasound tech said that it's definitely possible to find out at 17 weeks, but it depends on the position of the baby. As much as this baby has been moving around over the last few days, I'm hoping it won't be an issue! I'll be sure to post it as soon as I know.

Hope everyone is doing well. We're just trying to make it through a few more months until Spring Break - living for the extra hours of sleep!

No comments: