Thursday, January 22, 2009

On the mend, co-sleeping, and sex.

I'm praying that the end of this miserable sickness is in sight. I just got back from my doctor's office (General Practitioner) yet again. It seems that the antibiotics that were supposed to rid me of my sinus infection also ridded me of all of the "good bacteria" in my "gut." In other words, it caused a secondary infection which is MUCH more miserable than the first - trust me. They did a good deal of bloodwork and are checking my electrolytes to make sure that I'm not too dehydrated. If I am, I may need IV fluids. The doctor also prescribed a new antibiotic that's specifically designed for this type of infection. Let's hope that this one is to the baby's liking!

In the meantime, she doesn't want me to go back to school until Monday, which means I will have been out all week long. That's just not like me. In fact, it's killing me that I've left my poor para's on their own with my 8 heathen children all week. On the other hand, a part of being pregnant and being a mom is learning to really decide what is the most important, and right now, nothing's more important to me than this baby and keeping him/her healthy.

On a happier note, I bought a co-sleeper off of ebay this week (see picture below - try to ignore the crazy looking people). For those of you not "in the know," a co-sleeper fits right next to the mom's side of the bed and is level with it, attaching to the bed. It's primarily designed so that the baby is right next to mom and within arm's reach for nursing, middle of the night diaper changes, mirror-under-the-nose checks, etc. We decided on this for the first few months rather than a bassinet for several reasons. Believe me, I've done my research! A bassinet only holds the baby until it's 15 lbs and then has no other uses, and this particular co-sleeper is multi-purpose. Not only is it a co-sleeper which attaches to our bed, it's also a stand-alone bassinet, a changing table, and a playpen all-in-one. Once we're done using it overnight, we can use it as a playpen and even take it on trips with us. Can you tell I'm excited?? In fact, I think I may make Brad set it up tonight just to see what it's like. Lord knows I need SOMETHING to lift my spirits!



Oh! Almost forgot. Sex. I may have mentioned this before, but we have an ultrasound tomorrow and we may find out the sex of the baby! And you thought the title referred to sexy good times! Shame on you. It all depends on the position of the little monkey, so pray that he/she cooperates and isn't too shy about showing the goods! We'll also learn more about the progress of my cyst. Yuck. I'll update tomorrow!

No comments: