Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Misery

I can't even BEGIN to tell you how miserable the last 4 days have been. I mentioned in my last post that I went to the doctor and was put on a "z-pack" antibiotic for a sinus infection. I've taken the same prescription several times with no complications. Apparently, baby doesn't like antibiotics. Over the last 4 days I've developed a low-grade fever (can be VERY dangerous during pregnancy), a red rash on my face and chest, a slew of digestive issues that I won't even attempt to describe for fear of it being TMI, in addition to the congestion, headaches, and general body pain of the sinus infection.

I was SO excited for a nice, long 3-day weekend. Needless to say, it's been a huge, miserable, mess. I've been in the bed, flat on my back since mid-day Friday. I stayed home today after being up sick all night, unable to keep any food down. I've called both my general practitioner (who prescribed the z-pack), and my OB and both have assured me that I haven't done any damage to myself or the baby with all of the dehydration. I discontinued the pills on Saturday and am just waiting for it to get out of my system so that I can start feeling better. The sinus infection is almost completely gone - now it's just a waiting game for the GI issues to go away!

On the positive side, I was able to feel the baby move again several times this morning after feeling nothing for several days while I was "down and out." I guess he/she was taking the opportunity to rest as well. In fact, I was a little freaked out after feeling so many flutters and kicks for so long and then ...nothing. Brad and I used our rented doppler last night to find the heartbeat and there it was - almost instantly, like music to my ears. I don't know what I would do without it!

Keep us in your prayers this week as I hopefully recover and we try to find out the sex of our little monkey on Friday - I don't think I can wait anymore!

No comments: