Wednesday, May 20, 2009

33 Weeks


I can honestly say that this has been the first week that I have been flat out UNCOMFORTABLE. I'm hot, there's no air conditioning at school, my belly is huge and hard, and standing up from a sitting or lying position hurts like hell. It seems like gravity takes over as soon as I stand and everything from my belly button down hurts. I've been told that it's normal and likely because Emma's starting to drop some. I think she's just as sick of this heat and lack of sleep as I am! Did I mention that my shoes will barely fit by lunchtime because of the swelling feet? Only a few more days until I can go barefoot and prop my feet up whenever I want to - 2 more days with the kids and then 2 of post-planning. Yea! Now that I have gotten my complaints out of the way, have I mentioned yet how much I love being pregnant? Seriously, I haven't been this happy or upbeat in my entire life. I told Brad that now he just has to keep me pregnant. He didn't think it was nearly as funny as I did.

She's been head down almost all week. How do I know? Hiccups. The location of the hiccups is her dead giveaway. This still hasn't kept her from digging under my ribs with her little toes though! She's moving around and kicking a ton and is getting bigger by the minute. I swear that my belly can't stretch much bigger, but just when I say that it
seems like I double in size!

This past weekend was SO busy. We had baptism class early on Saturday morning, followed by the baby shower that Brad's sister hosted for us. On Sunday we celebrated my Dad's 63rd birthday, which was a lot of fun. It was a weekend full of running around and staying busy, but it was nice.

Here are some pictures of the shower that I promised. We had a great time. Brad even came and made a brief appearance on his way out to the pool room wit
h the other men who tagged along for the tea sandwiches. I wrangled him in for a few pictures before the estrogen levels got the best of him.


Brad and I in front of the spread. I think I'm bigger than he is now!


Brad's mom, Katherine, and sister, Stacie (who hosted the shower).

My sister-in-law, Holly - love her!


Stacie measuring my belly before a shower game - everyone overshot except for Brad's grandmother - she's my favorite ;)

I have another check-up tomorrow, so I'll be sure to update if there is any news, although I'm not expecting any.


No comments: