Monday, May 25, 2009

34 Weeks



We've had a great Memorial Day weekend to kick off week 34. We had our childbirth prep class at Northside on Saturday - it was ALL day! It was taught by an RN that is certified through Northside to teach classes. She's also a Lamaze teacher, which is basically what the class was. I thought it was a little cool because it's basically the same class that my parents took before I was born. We graduated with honors and have the certificate to prove it.

As long as it was, it was a little nice because most of the class focused on relaxation techniques and massage techniques. Long story short, Brad gave me a body massage most of the day! We left class and went to Babies R Us for a few last minute things that I knew I wanted to have bef
ore Emma gets here. We had dinner out with our friends Elizabeth and Bernard afterwards. It was a busy but very fun day.

Yesterday we went to the big farmer's market near the airport with mom and dad and then to dinner at Melear's for BBQ. Yum! Emma loved the BBQ. Today was just nice and relaxing. We've spent the entire day at home nesting. We've done 2 or 3 loads of baby laundry (in addition to the 2 loads of our own). We've been organizing baby things and I even got the thank you notes from my last shower finished and ready to be mailed. It's been nice to be so productive today, but to have stayed in my jammies all day too!


We only have 2 days of school this week - tomorrow and Wednesday are post-planning. There's a ton to get packed and moved from school to home for me, but I'm ready to go ahead and get it done. After that we're free! It hasn't sunk in yet for either one of us. We also have our hospital tour tomorrow which I'm looking forward to. They'll show us where to go and what will happen once Emma's on her way. I've seen the Women's Center a few times, but only the post-partum rooms.

Here's another ever-expanding-belly pic from this weekend.



No comments: