Tuesday, July 28, 2009

28

I have to say, today I celebrated the best birthday I've ever had. I got to spend it with the people that mean the most to me, and spent it loving on my sweet little angel.

Mom and Dad were camping in Commerce where the great outlet stores are, and we happened to need baby clothes. We really waited to get any clothes past 3 months until we saw how big she was and how fast she's growing. I'm glad we did! We ended up with several newborn outfits that she never had a hope of fitting into. If you had told me that I was going to pop out a 9 lb baby, I would have laughed! Anyway, now that we know that she's following an average growth pattern, but is already in 3 month clothes, we needed to shop.

We had a rough night last night (she's had an upset tummy for a few days and has been VERY fussy most of the day and particularly at night) and woke up a little late. We got ready and headed to Commerce for the day. Emma slept the entire way there. We had lunch with Mom and Dad and then went outlet shopping with Mom while Dad babysat the dogs. Emma started to fuss in the Carter's outlet so I walked outside with her. I put her in the sling and she INSTANTLY fell asleep! It was awesome. We shopped for a couple of hours and she slept soundly in the sling the entire time. I think it really must feel like she's back in the womb again. It keeps her right up against me fairly tightly and she can hear my heartbeat. She was OUT.

We had a shopping spree and then went to dinner. It was Emma's second time in a restaurant (the first was for a quick lunch and she slept through it). She started fussing again (again, because of her stomach - she would typically be content to sit in her carrier and look around). I put her in the magical sling and guess what? Passed out instantly again. It's earned it's rightful spot in the diaper bag - I won't go anywhere without it again! We had a great dinner with her in the sling and then went back for an ice cream cake - my favorite!

We just got home from our adventure. I think it went well, all things considered. I think the next time we venture out we will make sure that Emma's feeling better and is in better spirits to make it easier on ourselves. I'm so proud of her though!

Here are a couple of pictures of how I spent my birthday. We got the sunglasses today, to match her Daddy. She prefers to wear them on her head, like Mommy instead.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's a cutie! Happy belated birthday! Love, Amy