Friday, July 3, 2009

Quick Update

I've got to keep it quick because Emma's in the pack and play next to me and is starting to wake up, but thought I'd post a quick update. She's doing great! We had our 3rd pediatrician appointment of the WEEK today! They were keeping a close watch on her weight because she was down to 8lbs 1.5oz at our first doctor visit. Today she was up to 8lbs 4.5oz and the doctor was pleased with her progress. Now we don't have to go back until her 1 month appointment!

Miss Thing has her days and nights VERY confused, so we're really not getting much sleep around here. It's to be expected, but it's hard to function with 2 hours of sleep. We're working on turning her little clock around, but it's pretty hard to keep an 11 day old baby awake when she doesn't want to be.

Breastfeeding is going well, for those of you who might be interested! She's still getting the hang of latching on, mostly because she's pretty impatient and doesn't like to wait for the let-down effect. We must be doing something right because she's gaining weight back like a champ! I'm proud to say that I haven't had to supplement with formula and that my milk supply is great. It's taken it's toll on me and is VERY difficult and frustrating to stick with at times, but very rewarding.

Emma's had a few visitors over the last week and has done well. She's not nearly as overstimulated as she was when she was born and is great at trying to sleep through visits!

She's got her Daddy wrapped around her little finger - he's so in love with his little girl! It's been the most amazing thing to watch. He's great at helping me out at night when she's crying. He gets up, swaddles her, rocks her to sleep, and puts her back in the co-sleeper. He's the best and most dedicated Daddy in the world. I couldn't be more in love with him than I am right now.

Emma's belly button fell off 2 days ago! She's been given the all-clear for a real bath on Monday - we're excited to see what she thinks!

My recovery is going fairly slowly. I'm getting a little better, but it's a slow process. I'm still in quite a bit of pain and it hurts to get around. The pediatrician was surprised I was even able to walk. On a VERY plus side, I'm down to 11 lbs LESS than I was BEFORE I got pregnant!!! I've got to say - breastfeeding can do awesome things!


How we spend our days - eating and burping!


My Aunt Claire cutting Emma's nails - I wasn't brave enough! Check out her feet!


Sleeping Angel



Daddy's Girl!



No comments: