Monday, July 6, 2009

Pictures!

I've made an executive decision. I've decided it's pointless to wear lipstick anymore. It just comes off on Emma's head and is darn hard to wipe off. I CANNOT keep myself from kissing the poor child! What's worse, Brad can't either! I keep thinking he's going to inhale her sweet little head one of these days. Luckily, she doesn't seem to mind.

We've had a pretty good few nights over the last week. Emma's sleeping a little better and I've been able to relax a little on her feeding schedule and feed her more "on demand" now that she's gaining weight sufficiently. We're learning slowly but surely some very important things about her. For one, she HATES having her arms swaddled. If she's awake enough, she makes it her nightly mission to free her arms from the blankets and then scream because she wants someone to hold her. She's much happier being held while she sleeps than being put down - something we're working to correct! She only allows us to swaddle her and REALLY sleep (for 2-3 hour stretches) if she's in a milk coma. She's a little bottomless pit at night. She eats and eats and eats until Brad and I are both certain she's about to burst, and then screams for more.

She had her first "big girl" bath today. She HATED IT! Brad and I went as fast as we could, but the screams were almost more than I could take. It broke my heart! We're hoping she turns out to be a water baby once she gets used to the idea. We'll see. As I type this she's tuckered out in her co-sleeper next to me from all of the wailing. :(

She's our precious little angel and we don't know what we ever did without her - even though we are functioning on WAY less sleep than any human naturally requires to live! Here are some pictures of the last few days. When people come to visit she's almost always asleep. I had Brad take these to prove that she does in fact open her eyes some!

My absolute favorite - staring right at her Mommy.





Holding her own pacifier like a big girl!


Asleep in her co-sleeper after her bath - worn out!







No comments: