Monday, July 27, 2009

5 Weeks Old

My big chunky monkey had her one month check-up today at the pediatrician's office. She's my big girl! She weighs 10 lbs 1.5 oz! When we went for her first appointment a few days after coming home from the hospital she was 8lbs 1oz. She's gained a full 2 lbs!! As a breastfeeding mom who's never had to supplement with breast milk, it's the best feeling in the world. There's no way to monitor how much she's taking in at any given time, so to see that she's growing so well with just my milk is so incredible to me. It really makes me feel good. Now I really know that I'm doing what's best for Emma and I have proof now!

She did beautifully at the doctor's office. They were running over a half hour behind, so I ended up having to feed her in the waiting room. As they say, stuff happens! She didn't even cry this time when I had to strip her nekkid and weigh her. My, how things change in a month's time! Her thrush is all cleared up and we can stop the 4x a day medicine - thank GOD! She's been a trooper, but she hates that stuff. I don't blame her. I MAY have tasted it to see what I was doing to my angel. It was bad. Trust me.

Emma had the second in her series of 3 Hep B shots. She only cried for a minute and was asleep before we left the office. The doctor told us that she'd see us in a month and to keep on doing what we're doing. We were SO happy to hear such good news.

Emma's grown so much over the last week. She' LOVES tummy time and is getting great at holding her head up. Today she smiled at me for the first time intentionally! Well, she smiled at my hair, but it counts! She's a hair girl. I think it's the contrast between my dark hair and the surrounding area. I have a feeling that she'll be pulling it and have her fingers in it in no time!

Here are some pictures of Emma from this last week. She's getting so big. Tomorrow is my 28th birthday - I already have the best gift that I could ever ask for. It will be the best birthday of my life.

Hanging out on Mom and Dad's bed in the Boppy Bouncy Chair

Still loving the bath!


One of my favorite pictures ever - this is her "just got my belly full" look.


In her swing for the first time.

In the boppy chair again - her favorite place to be (other than in Mommy's arms, of course!)




No comments: